Yesterday, the government approved decision number “1.015 din 23 septembrie 2021”, in order to prevent and spread the infection of COVID-19. A number of important updates were published.
The below decisions are updates to existing measures, applied at a national level and applicable only where those measures have already been introduced.
- An exception has been introduced where vaccinated people, who can prove they are vaccinated, either by presenting the Romanian vaccination certificate or presenting the EU approved “Green Certificate“, will be permitted to travel outside of the home in localities where the cumulative incident rate for 14 days, exceeds 6/1000.
- The age of children who were required to present a negative RT-PCR test for COVID-19 (no older than 72h), a negative results of a COVID-19 rapid antigen test (no older than 48h), was raised from 6 years, to 12 years.
- The threshold for the incident rate where movement outside of the home is restricted on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, was raised from 4/1000 to 6/1000.
- The threshold for the incident rate where work schedules are limited from 5:00 AM – 6:00 P was raised from 4/1000 to 6/1000.
- Limits introduced for malls and shopping centers of the areas for serving food or alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, so that controlled access can be achieved only for people tested, vaccinated and passed through the disease.
- Access to areas in malls and shopping centres, that serve food and drink, has been restricted to those who satisfy the requirements of presenting a COVID-19 “Green Certificate“.