A young woman suffered anaphylactic shock after drinking a coffee from a vending machine. What was in the glass

A woman nearly died after drinking a coffee from a machine at an airport in Mallorca that was full of insects.

Son Sant Joan Airport PHOTO: Facebook

The 21-year-old, who works for an airline, bought the drink from a vending machine at Son Sant Joan airport, located near the capital Palma, in Majorca, according to dailymail.co.uk.

As the woman began to drink the coffee, she noticed that it had a strange taste, and when she looked more closely at the cup, she noticed a swarm of insects crawling inside it, according to Spanish news site Ultima Hooray.

He then went into anaphylactic shock, his face began to swell and his throat began to close, making it harder to breathe.

The woman was rushed to hospital, where she reportedly spent 36 hours in intensive care.

She received adrenaline and other medication from the airport medical services before being rushed to a clinic in Palma.

His family has now lodged a complaint against the airport with the National Police.

They claim that the presence of insects in the coffee cup is a possible offense against public health and negligent injury, the news site added.

The family added that the machine, which was shut down, was clearly poorly maintained by airport staff.